The Sheet Metal Worker is responsible for installing and sometimes fabricating sheet metal used in a variety of applications. Daily duties could consist of fastening metal seams, assembling and installing ductwork and ventilation systems. They may also at times be required to weld and bolt together supportive frameworks, as well as be responsible to take measurements and maneuver material around.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products as related to a job.
- Operate metalworking machines to cut, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Laying out, measuring and marking sheet metal
- Inspect products to ensure quality and conformity to specification
- Cut materials using power tools or by hand
- Fit, join and install sheet metal fittings, ductwork, hoods and equipment as required.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications
- Fabricate or alter parts at project sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets
- The employer is entitled to instruct the employee, at any time, to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, the job description will be reviewed and updated as the needs of the business evolve.
- Field work (outdoors, dusty/dirty environments)
- Driving (sitting for extended periods, maintaining focus and alertness while operating company vehicle)
- At times it may be necessary for the sheet metal worker to work outside of the regular workday in order to complete their duties.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- (308A) Sheet Metal Trade certification
- 5 years related experience in the HVAC industry
- Valid Driver’s License
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: